1. What is it?
Content creation can simply be defined as the process of creating content. Social media content creation is just that but includes everything from creating graphics to written content, and photo and video editing. The large majority of a content creator’s job is to curate content that can be posted on various social media platforms. While the job can be daunting when you first begin as a content creator, eventually you will get used to the flow of things, and when you need to create content, and then you will start to enjoy what you do.
2. What does a content creator do?
As I said before, content creation can include everything from designing digital graphics to writing captions, and even photo and video editing; however, it is also common that there are additional tasks going on behind the scenes. Tasks that followers don’t see. Here are a few:
- Research - Keeping track of current trends is crucial to being a successful content creator. You must continue researching to see what content people are looking for the most. In addition, content creators have to analyze their content by utilizing each social media platform’s insights feature. Insights allow creators to see what content their social audience engages with the most and also what content they should be posting less of.
- Writing - Writing is another large piece of content creation. Depending on the job, content creators could be responsible for writing content for websites such as blogs, or writing lengthier pieces for Facebook or LinkedIn. While this part of the job isn’t everyone’s favorite, it’s definitely another one of the crucial pieces of content creation.
- Photo, video, and editing - Photography and videography are obviously the majority of a content creator’s job. This can include curating photos of company products, taking headshots of company employees, or anything of that nature. The videography side of curating content could include anything from TikTok videos to behind-the-scenes videos. Most content creators just use their phones, but more professional equipment could also be utilized in the case of larger, more equipped companies. Once the content is curated, creators must edit and prepare the content to be posted to various platforms.
- Design - This piece of a content creator’s job may not be an all-the-time thing, but having an eye for graphic design is definitely useful for a content creator. You may be asked to create a graphic for sales or promotions, hiring events, and the like. While some people may think that design isn’t that important when it comes to content creation, they may want to consider that they could stand out more to employers if design experience is on their resume.
To read more about the content creation process, click here!
Are you interested in becoming a content creator with Clutch? Let's grow together 👉start my creator journey today!